Welcome to Lostende Tours: France . I invite you to come and spend a wonderful week biking in the southwest of France while staying at the Chateau de Pitray during the week of the Criterium de Castillon professional bike race. Here's what you will enjoy:
- attend the Criterium de Castillon and watch some of the same riders who just competed in the Tour de France. Also - attend the VIP Criterium de Castillon lunch at Chateau Pitray, along with present and past pro cyclists, promoters and press and all the other "big wigs" that get pampered.
- guided bicycle rides everyday through the Dordogne countryside of Southwest France.
- a week's stay at the magnificent Chateau de Pitray - come and stay like old friends in our family chateau.
- bask in the beautiful countryside and medieval towns of the Dordogne valley.
of course enjoy wonderful French food and Bordeaux wines.
- learn about Bordeaux wines, wine making and wine tasting - starting with the winery at the Chateau de Pitray.
- ...and visit historic castles from the medieval ages that dot the landscape of Southwest France.
It doesn't get much better than this! For details take a moment and "cycle" through the website - use the links at the left and top of the page. This bike trip vacation is limited to a group size of 10 guests.
Please note bike rentals can be arranged. Please contact me to discuss the details concerning the bikes (approx. 180 Euros for the week).
Above: at the Chateau de Pitray pro riders Christophe Moreau, retired pro Polidor, and other professional bicycle riders are interviewed at the private luncheon before the race.